Author Topic: Where is everyone? or is that where are...  (Read 3362 times)

Offline MartinAS

• Wine, not just a breakfast drink
    • View Profile
Where is everyone? or is that where are...
« on: December 12, 2015, 12:25:19 AM »
i Know... I too have been delinquent.

I did visit the UK recently. My wife and I and friends from Newfoundland were over for a canal trip (again). We hired a narrowboat from Wyvern Shipping on the Grand Union at Leighton Buzzard and spent 4 weeks traveling at the breakneck speed of 4mph. Fantastic. I, of course , was the photographer. Went to Market Harbourough, Leicester (checked in on Richard 111), Nottingham and along to Birmingham ( had our boat cut free and a rope stolen at Wolverhampton and then to Warick to visit castle etc (again). Here we had our Canadian flag cut off overnight. A short off route to Rugby for a day and then back to Leighton Buzzard. Great trip , overall.
This all came about in 24 hours when the friends visited us in May. We talked about old trips and before we knew it we had booked flights and the boat. Really is neat and Wyvern are a great group to rent from.
 Lots of photos and all I have to do is sort through them now. Winter project. The last few winters we have gone south to kayak with the alligators in Georgia in the US but this year, with the $US so high it is a question. Not to mention Donald Trump.... but we won't.

Anyway... best wishes to my old friends.
Martin

Offline Graeme

• View Profile
Re: Where is everyone? or is that where are...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »
Jingle bells!
I will off to Canada for xmas...going nowhere near a canoe! My wee girl has just done six months studying at McMaster, Hamilton... so we need to go and make sure she comes home. She has had too much fun!

Graeme

Offline Bawbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
Hi Martin and good to hear from you.

I'm not long back from a 4 week visit to Victoria, Australia and I too have many images to sort through.
Bob Turner
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline Pipeman

• Ron
    • View Profile
    • Ron Lord's World
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:50:31 AM »
Hello? Anybody there? :(
A bit like Victor Meldrew

Offline Graeme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 10:43:26 PM »
Nope.... not here!

Graeme

Offline Bawbee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 04:17:11 PM »
Still here but not so often
Bob Turner
Dundee, Scotland, UK

Offline SuperRoo69

• View Profile
    • DIGIPICS PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:18:54 PM »
Actually surprised the 'Portal' is still going... probably a couple of years since I last popped in. Good to see a couple of familiar names keeping it ticking along!!!  ;-)
HERE is Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it. A.A.Milne